I'm Looking For...

Go To Search
Click to Home

Film Permits
The Moab to Monument Valley Film Commission staff is happy to help you find information you need about shooting the wonderful locations in the area.  The following contact information and websites can help you contact people who can guide you through the permit processes and requirements for different locations.

BLM-Bureau of Land Management
BLM Film Permits

Grand County- Reed Kennard 435-259-2133  and Jan Denney 435-259-2122  
San Juan County, including Newspaper Rock - currently covered by Grand County Office
Hanksville - Mike Utley (435) 896-1515-  (Richfield BLM Office)
San Rafael -- Connie Leschin, Realty Specialist (435) 636-3610
Monticello  (including Valley of the Gods, Mexican Hat, Moki Dugway) 

National Park Service
National Park Service Commercial Filming Information

Canyonlands National Park, Arches National Park, Natural Bridges, Hovenweep National Monument

Mike Hill- (435) 719-2121- 

Dead Horse Point State Park Filming Permit

Megan Blackwelder- (435) 259-2614 -  

Goosenecks State Park / Edge of Cedars
Terilyn Paul -(435)-678-2238; Email-

Glen Canyon National Recreation Area - Kane County
Albie DalleMolle (928) 608-6200

Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
Monument Valley Filming Permit information
Alvina Arviso 928-871-7055   g

Goblin Valley State Park- Emery County
Nathan Martinez (435) 275-4584; Email-

SITLA-State Institutional Lands Administration
Tami Colyar (435) 259-7417- 

Forest Service

Manti-La Sal National Forest 

Moab / Monticello Ranger Districts

Zachary Lowe 435-636-3335  zklowe@fs.fed.us

Local Law Enforcement
Grand County Sheriff -- (435) 259-8115
Moab City Police -- (435) 259-8938

Utah Department of Transportation 
Kurt McFarlane 435-650-1156 
Laurie Huntsman-(435) 893-4712; Email-

Forestry, Fire and State Lands 
Sovereign Lands (Colorado River and Green River)
Margo Leech (435) 259-3766; Email-