Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
NOTICE OF CERTIFICATION OF ANNEXATION PETITION
Pursuant to Section 10-2-406, U.C.A., the City of Moab, Utah, hereby gives notice as follows:
1. On April 25, 2022, a petition proposing the annexation of real property located at approximately 1480 S. Highway 191, Moab, Utah, Grand County, and encompassing approximately 3.006 acres was filed with the City of Moab by Ellen Weinstein representing Shamrock Communities XX LLC.
2. On January 10, 2023, the Moab City Council accepted the Petition to be further considered and authorized the Petition to be certified by City Staff.
3. On February 9, 2023, City Staff certified that the Petition meets the requirements of Utah State Law and notice was provided to the Moab City Council, the contact sponsor, and the Grand County Commission.
4. The area proposed for annexation in the petition is described as follows:
5. The complete Annexation Petition is available for inspection and copying at the Moab City Recorder’s Office, 217 E. Center Street, Moab, Utah Monday through Thursday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
6. The City of Moab may grant the Petition and annex the above-described area unless a written protest to the Annexation Petition is filed with the Grand County Clerk, 125 E. Center Street, Moab, UT, 84532. A copy of the protest must also be delivered to the Moab City Recorder at the address noted above on the same date that the protest is filed with the Grand County Clerk. Any protest must be filed as herein stated by no later than March 13, 2023.
7. If no lawful protests are received, the Moab City Council will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, March 28, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. in the Moab City Council Chambers located at 217 E. Center St., Moab, Utah to consider the request to annex this property.
8. The area proposed for annexation to the City of Moab will also automatically be annexed to have Moab City provide fire protection, paramedic and emergency services or law enforcement services, as applicable.
9. The area proposed for annexation to Moab City will be automatically withdrawn from Grand County providing fire protection, paramedic and emergency services or law enforcement services, as applicable.
(See attached for map.)
Sommar Johnson, CMC
Moab City Recorder
February 17, 2023