Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
NOTICE OF PROPOSED ANNEXATION
Notice is hereby given that a petition has been filed with the City of Moab, Utah, to annex 3.12 acres, more or less, of property located at approximately 938 and 940 South Highway 191, and more particularly described as follows:
Said petition was received by the Moab City Council on February 25, 2020 and certified by the Moab City Recorder on March 25, 2020 which certification states the petition meets the requirements of Title 10-2-403(2), (3) and (4) of the Utah Code Annotated as follows:
A PARCEL OF LAND IN THE SE1/4NE1/4 SECTION 12, T26S, R21E SLM, GRAND COUNTY, UTAH, MORE PARITCULARLY DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
Beginning at a chain link fence corner post, said post bears North 17o 48’ West 3035. 8 feet from the Southeast corner Section 12, T26S, R21 E, SLM, and proceeding thence with a chain link fence South 44o 31’ West 367.0 feet to a chain link fence corner post, thence with a chain link fence North 55o49’ West 31.0 feet; thence North 45o14’ East 377.7 feet to a chain link fence; thence with said chain link fence South 45o45’ East 24.3 feet to the point of beginning. (Parcel No. 02-0012-0037)
ALSO A DESCRIPTION OF A PARCEL OF LAND IN THE EAST½ SECITON 12, T26S, R21 E, SLM, GRAND COUNTY, UTAH, MORE PARTICULARLY DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
Beginning at a point which bears North 0o05’ East 83.0 feet from the Center East 1 /16 of Section 12, T26S, R21E, SLM, and proceeding thence with the 1/16 line North 0o05’ East 294.5 feet; thence North 48o33’ East 216.6 feet; thence South 44o14’ East 298.9 feet; thence South 45o14’ West 365.9 feet; thence North 73o05’ West 116.2 feet to the point of beginning. (Parcel of 02-0012-0037)
DESCRIPTION OF A PARCEL OF LAND IN THE SE1/4NE1/4, SECTION 12, T26S, R21 E, SLM, GRAND COUNTY, UTAH, MORE PARTICULARLY DESCRIBED AS FOLLOWS:
Beginning at the Northeast comer of the Heath Property, said corner by record bears North 3048.3 feet and West 790. feet from the Southeast corner of Section 12, Township 26 South, Range 21 East, SLM, and proceeding thence South 47o45’ West 208.73 feet to the Southeast corner of the Heath property; thence with the Southwest fine of Heath North 44o14’ West 100.0 feet; thence North 47o45’ East 205.4 feet to the Southwesterly Right of Way of U.S. Highway 191; thence with said Right of Way along a 4971.2 foot radius curve to the left 100.0 feet to the point of beginning. (Parcel No. 02-0012-0011)
1) That said petition contain the signatures of, if all the real property within the area proposed for annexation is owned by a public entity other than the federal government, the owners of all the publicly owned real property, or the owners of private real property that:
i. is located within the area proposed for annexation;
ii. a. Subject to Subsection (3)(b)(ii)(C), covers a majority
of the private land area within the area proposed for annexation;
b. covers 100% of rural real property as that term is defined in Section 17B-2a-1107 within the area proposed for annexation;
c. covers 100% of the private land area within the area proposed for annexation, if the area is within an agriculture protection area created under Title 17, Chapter 41, Agriculture and Industrial Protection Areas, or a migratory bird production area created under Title 23, Chapter 28, Migratory Bird Production Area; and
iii. is equal in value to at least 1/3 of the value of all private real property within the area proposed for annexation;
2) That said petition was accompanied by an accurate and recordable plat or map prepared by a licensed surveyor of the area proposed for annexation;
3) If the petition proposes the annexation of an area located in a county that is not the county in which the proposed annexing municipality is located, be accompanied by a copy of the resolution, required under Subsection 10-2-402(6), of the legislative body of the county in which the area is located; and
4) Designate up to five of the signers of the petition as sponsors, one of whom shall be designated as the contact sponsor, and indicate the mailing address of each sponsor; and
5) That no previous petition for annexation has been filed which has not been denied, rejected, or granted for the proposed annexation area;
A copy of the complete annexation petition is available for inspection on the City’s website at www.moabcity.org.
Moab City may grant the petition and annex the area described in the petition, unless a written protest to the annexation petition is filed with the Grand County Boundary Commission and a copy of the protest delivered to the Moab City Recorder. The protest period will be 30 days from the date of certification and will end on April 25, 2020.
Protests may be filed in writing with the Grand County Boundary Commission, c/o Grand County Clerk’s Office, 125 E. Center St., Moab, UT 84532.
Protests may be filed with the Boundary Commission by the legislative body or the governing board of an affected entity.
Dated this 25th day of March, 2020.
/s/ Sommar Johnson
Published in the TIMES INDEPENDENT April 2, 9, and 16, 2020.