- For Residents
- Flood Preparedness
Help PROTECT YOUR PROPERTY - PICK UP SANDBAGS TODAY!
With record-setting snowpack in the La Sals, and warm temperatures forecast, the City of Moab and Grand County are preparing for spring runoff to potentially be higher than usual.
The City has been working to reinforce bridges and clear debris from the Mill Creek Parkway in preparation for possible flooding. The City, County and local agencies are working together to facilitate flood management efforts and plan for any needed emergency response.
Residents and businesses can do their part to help protect their property by having sandbags ready. Moab and Grand County are making sandbags available at several locations in town and in Spanish Valley. The sand and bags are free of charge. Fill your own, and bring a shovel if you have one.
Sandbag filling locations accessible 24/7:
- Fire Station, 3251 Westwater Rd Grand County
- Fire Station, 4012 Beeman Rd Grand County
- Center Street Ballpark at 200 E. 50 S. in Moab
- Former Red Rock Elementary property across from Rotary Park at the (685 S. Mill Creek Dr.)
Sandbags also available at:
- Moab City Public Works Yard
470 Kane Creek Blvd (SW corner),
- Grand County Road Department3500 South U.S. 191,
Watch the City of Moab's social media and website, www.moabcity.org, for any updates.