- Your Government
- Utility Services
The Utility Services Department oversees the operations and management of the water and sewer divisions in the City of Moab.
The department is charged with health and safety of Moab's citizens as it applies to water, sewer, stormwater and wastewater management.
WATER IN SOUTHEASTERN UTAH
The West Colorado River Basin, in which Moab is located, is experiencing drier than normal conditions. This means that water is an especially valuable resource right now.
Although the City of Moab does not plan to implement any immediate water restrictions as other communities have had to do, the city strongly implores city residents to take extra steps to use our precious water wisely. Please monitor your water usage and follow these basic guidelines. Working together, we can keep our water flowing.
WATER WISE TIPS
It is easy to water your landscape more efficiently:
- Don't send water down the drain. Adjust sprinklers to water plants, not your driveway, sidewalks, patio, or buildings.
- Water only when needed. Saturate root zones and let the soil dry. Watering too much and too frequently results in shallow roots, weed growth, disease, and fungus.
- Water at the best time. Watering during the heat of the day may cause losses of up to 30% due to evaporation. Prevent water loss by watering when the sun is low or down, winds are calm, and temperatures are cool. Typically between the evening and the early morning.
- Only water your lawn when it needs it. Step on your lawn, if it bounces back it does not need water.
- Plant drought resistant / tolerant plants and plant less grass.
- Use mulch; it will help plants retain their moisture.
- Don't leave water on. Don't use water to "sweep" your driveways or sidewalks.