- Your Government
- Affordable Housing
- Walnut Lane Apartments
Walnut Lane Apartments
In October 2018, the City of Moab purchased an existing 37-unit trailer park located at 250 & 280 Walnut Lane in Moab, Utah. The Moab City Council advanced this effort to provide existing residents with upgraded housing options and to add units to address the City’s housing needs.
The City is currently working with a team led by Architectural Squared in Moab to prepare a masterplan for redeveloping the trailer park property into an affordable, sustainable, mixed-income development, including a mix of housing types. The plan includes 80 units, including apartments and duplexes, and will be built in accordance with the City’s Planned Affordable Development (PAD) ordinance. The new units will be constructed in phases over the next several years to avoid the displacement of current residents at the site.
In addition, the masterplan adds several site amenities and improvements, including a paved internal loop drive, sidewalks, trees and landscaping, outdoor gathering areas, bike parking, storage lockers, and perimeter fencing and hedges adjacent to existing surrounding neighborhoods.
- Provide quality, affordable workforce housing
- Minimize displacement of current residents during redevelopment
- Contribute to the quality of the surrounding neighborhood
- Complement the regional location with a cohesive architectural aesthetic
- Provide attractive, low water landscaping and shade trees
- Include adequate parking and storage within the site
- Apply sustainable building design and green building techniques
- Oct 2018: City purchased the property
- Jan 2020: Property rezoned to R-4 zoning (from split-zoned R-2 and R-4)
- Mar 2020: Architectural Squared hired for master planning services
- Dec 2020: indieDwell hired to construct Phase 1 (8 modular units)
- Feb 2021: Entitlements approval process for Walnut Lane Apartments
- Summer 2021: Phase 1 constructed
- 2021-2022: Phase 2 (24-unit apartment building)
- 2022-2025: Phase 3 (38 units, including apartments and duplexes)
The City is seeking feedback from current Walnut Lane residents, neighbors, and community members about the look and feel of the Walnut Lane Apartments. Please complete our survey (click on the link below) to provide your input on the architectural aesthetics and community amenities for the development and any other feedback you have for the project.