The Finance Department is a newly created department that includes the Treasury function of the City as well as expanding and creating financial duties and oversight for citywide functions. The Finance Director heads the new department and supervises the City Treasurer and other employees of the Treasury and the Finance Department. The Finance Director reports to the City Manager and is appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the City Council.
Managing and protecting City assets through responsible management of City monies, development of efficient financial procedures, compliance monitoring, providing financial information in an understandable format, financial analysis to meet short and long term City goals and most importantly offering excellent communication, customer service and team work.
Provide Decision Makers with the Financial Data/Information to improve quality of decisions, guide policy creation and foster fiscal resiliency.
Engage staff and citizens in the City's financial processes.
- Budget Officer - coordinates and manages the annual budget process
- Ensures that all liquid asset-related procedures and policies are contemporary and implemented
- Provides strategic leadership regarding the City’s financial practices across departments
- Acts as an internal auditor in order to control and manage City-wide accounting, financial reporting and budgeting
- Manages the newly-formed Finance Department, which includes the City Treasurer and related functions
- Interfaces regularly with the City Council as the policy making authority of the City @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>