Short-Term Rentals

Short-term rentals are overnight rentals of 30 days or fewer.  A detailed definition can be found here. The Moab City Council adopted Ordinance #2019-08 on February 26, 2019 pertaining to short-term rentals within Moab City limits. This ordinance changes the regulation of all short-term rentals within Moab City. Beginning on July 1, 2019, a separate Moab City business license is required for each unit rented at separate city locations. Short-term rentals are allowed uses in the following city commercial zones: C-2, C-3, C-4 and RC only on properties that are licensed as existing established overnight accommodations. Currently, new construction of overnight rentals is not allowed in any zone within Moab City limits. Moab City Zoning Map

If you have an existing Moab City short-term rental license in the owner's name you do not need to re-apply. You will receive a business license renewal form in the mail. If you have not previously licensed each unit that is a short-term rental in the owner's name, you will need to complete a Moab City Business License application and obtain three inspections, a zoning compliance verification and pay a fee to the Moab City Treasurer to receive your license. Any business operating without a license will be subject to Moab City code enforcement of all applicable regulations.

You can fill out and download your business license application here. Please contact our office at: 435-259-5123 if you have any questions or need assistance.