Business and Economic Development

Opening a Business in Moab

Moab BARKery - Self-Service Dog Was Exterior

Business Licensing Information

Most businesses in Moab, including special events, require a business license. Contact the Moab City Treasurer's office at 435-259-5123 for more information about Business Licensing. Find information about special event licensing.

City Planning and Zoning

The City Planning and Zoning Department can help businesses understand zoning and other regulations that may apply to your business. We can also make sure you move through the site plan review and approval process.


The City of Moab does not assess a property tax. There are several sales taxes that apply. Find out more about the sales taxes that apply to your business here at the Utah State Tax Commission business link.