Annual Budgets and Audits
The City Budget
The City Budget is adopted annually in June of each year. The budget document represents the City's main policy document, reflecting yearly priorities and a larger vision developed by the City Council, in conjunction with city departments.
The budget is categorized by fund, with the General Fund being the major operating budget for the city. The General Fund's revenues come primarily from sales taxes. Capital projects funds such as the Community Development Fund, the Mill Creek Project Fund, and the general Capital Projects Fund show expenditures for large projects over $10,000. The Class C Road Fund shows how the City spends gas tax revenues for road maintenance and repair, while the Recreation Fund is a special revenue fund that reflects revenues and expenditures for the city's recreation programs. The city also has two enterprise funds -- Water/Sewer and Storm Water Drainage. Enterprise funds are funded with user fees and are meant to be operated according to best business practices.
2021-2022 Final Proposed Budget
View the final proposed 2021-2022 budget
This final proposed budget includes changes and corrections to the initial tentative budget.
2021-2022 Tentative Budget
Click the image below for an easy-to-understand guide to the City of Moab budget.
- April 1, 2021 - Balanced Budget Presented to City Council
- April 2021 - City Council Budget Workshops with City Administration and City Departments
- April 27, 2021 - Tentative Budget Approved; Proposed Budget Sent to Public Hearing
- May 11, 2021 - Public Hearing on Proposed Budget
- May 25, 2021 - Possible Adoption of Proposed Budget
2020-2021 Approved Budget
2019-2020 Proposed Budget
- April 1, 2019 - Balanced Budget Presented to City Council
- April 2019 - City Council Budget Workshops with City Administration and City Departments
- April 23, 2019 - Tentative Budget Approved, Proposed Budget sent to Public Hearing
- May 14, 2019 - Public Hearing on Proposed Budget
- May 28, 2019 - Possible adoption of Proposed Budget
For information about the proposed Fiscal Year 2019-2020 Budget, click here.
2018-2019 Approved Budget
The City Council held a public hearing on May 8, 2018 to review and solicit public input on the Tentative FY 2018-2019 Budget (PDF). The final budget was officially adopted on May 22, 2018.
View the approved Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Annual Budget (PDF).
View the FY 2018-2019 budget presentation (PDF) by Moab City Manager David Everitt.
For previous years' budget access our budget archive
The City's financial transactions and systems are audited annually by an independent firm.in accordance with all applicable Government Auditing Standards.
Click here to access City audit archive