Moab Parks and Recreation Master Plan
Imagine the future of Moab’s City Parks!
The City of Moab is preparing its first citywide Parks and Recreation Master Plan. This plan guides managing and enhancing our parks, playgrounds, and trails. It also informs future recreation programs, aquatics, and events. Your feedback will help make sure parks and recreational programs meet the needs of our growing and diverse community.
The community survey closed April 30. Opportunities for residents to weigh in on the future of city parks and other programs will continue throughout the development of the plan.
Watch our website for updates on more ways to give input this spring and summer.
¡Imagina el futuro de los parques de ciudad de Moab!
La Ciudad de Moab está preparando su primer el Plan Maestro de Parques y Recreación para toda la ciudad. El plan sirve de guía para poder gestionar y mejorar nuestros parques, zonas de juego, y senderos. También ayuda a informar la elaboración de futuros programas de recreación, programas acuáticos y eventos. Al realizar esta encuesta nos ayudará a asegurar que los parques y programas recreativos estén alineados con las necesidades de nuestra creciente y diversa comunidad.
La encuesta comunitaria cerró el 30 de abril. Las oportunidades para que los residentes evalúen el futuro de los parques de la ciudad y otros programas continuarán durante el desarrollo del plan.
Mire nuestro sitio web para obtener actualizaciones sobre más formas de dar su opinión esta primavera y verano.
Parks division Responsibilities
The City Parks Department takes great pride in the city's beautiful and scenic parks and trail-way system. Our goal is to continually enhance and beautify the city's green spaces so that those who use our parks and trails will have a positive and memorable experience.
Our beautiful city parks are always in high demand. If you would like to reserve one of our parks for a special occasion, please refer to our Park Regulations as well as the Parks Fee Schedule.
You can check park availability and make your reservation online! Make your reservation early - popular dates fill up quickly!
If you are planning a Special Event, other arrangements and applications will be required.
- Swanny City Park- located between 100 and 200 West from 300 to 400 North.
- Old City Park- located at the intersection of Old City Park Road and Murphy Lane.
- Rotary Park- located at 680 Mill Creek Drive. The theme of this park revolves around music. There are many musical instruments that are playground oriented for the children to enjoy, although traditional playground equipment is still available at the park.
- Lions Park - located on the banks of the Colorado River on SR 128 at the intersection of U.S. 191.
We have a number of less developed, smaller, and more specialized parks which include the skate park which is in the Swanny City Park:
- The BMX Track at 500 West and Williams Way. Restrooms at this park will close Nov.1 for the winter season.
- Bullock Cross Creeks Park and Mill Creek Trail Park that are along the Mill Creek pathway.
- There is a pocket park located at 400 East 300 South called Dixie Park.
- The Bark Park is an off-leash dog park located at 100 East 300 South on the Southeast corner of the intersection. This is a great place to bring your dog so they can exercise, run, and play unleashed. Please clean up after your dog!
- Robin Groff Memorial Park Restrooms at this park will close Nov.1 for the winter season.
The above parks and trails along with all other city-owned green spaces within city limits are cared for by the City of Moab Parks Department. There are 35 acres of developed parks and 12 acres of non-designated open space which city personnel take care of.
See our Trails page for more information about existing and future trails.