Moab is a great place to live. Here are some contact numbers for services residents often use.


The City of Moab provides water, sewer, and garbage pickup service to city residents.To report a water or sewer problem call Moab City Public Works at 435-259-7485.


Internet & TV

Gas & Electric


The Grand County Library is open six days a week. Along with books, periodicals, CDs, video tapes, and DVDs to loan; the library has expanded internet access. Call for hours at 435-259-5421. The library is located at 257 East Center Street


The Moab Arts and Recreation Center provide a central downtown location for classes, performances, community meetings, and social events. Contact them at 435-259-6272.


Moab has an array of public parks offering recreation opportunities, social gathering areas, and opportunities for solitude among the greenery.

  • Swanny City Park, located at 400 North and 100 West, has a playground, barbecue facilities, shade trees, municipal swimming pool, and a skate park.
  • Old City Park, four miles south of the city limits in Spanish Valley, has a covered stage / gazebo, picnic tables, and barbecue grills. Old City Park is popular as a location for weddings, family reunions, and other social events.
  • Rotary Park, at 680 Millcreek Drive, has shade trees, barbecue grills, picnic tables, and a covered patio.
  • The Mill Creek Parkway is a pedestrian and bicycle path that follows Mill Creek.


The Moab Golf Course includes an 18-hole, par 72 course, club and cart rentals, a pro shop, and a snack bar. Contact them at 435-259-6488.

Moab Recreation and Aquatic Center

The Moab Recreation and Aquatic Center offers lap swimming, open swim hours, swimming lessons, water aerobics, a full fitness room and an array of fitness programs.Contact the Recreation and Aquatic Center at 435-259-8226.

Recreation Services

  • Moab City Recreation offers year-round sports and recreation opportunities for children and adults. Call 435-259-2255 for more information.
  • Old Spanish Trail Arena hosts rodeo, horse shows, and a myriad of other events throughout the year, including open hours for riding. Call 435-259-6226 for more information.

Planning & Zoning

The Moab Planning Department handles building permit requests, zoning issues, and code compliance. For more information, call 435-259-5129.


  • The Times Independent prints weekly and covers local news and events. Call them for more information at 435-259-2575.
  • The Moab Sun News is another local weekly paper. 435-259-6261.
  • Moab is served by two radio stations, KCYN (97.1 FM, country music format, high school sports) and KZMU (90.1 FM, community radio).


This link is being provided as a possible resource for our local military families.

Utah Department of Veterans and Military Affairs


Dial 911 for emergencies. For other police business, call 435-259-8938.