- For Residents
Moab is a great place to live. Here are some contact numbers for services and information in our community.
The City of Moab provides water, sewer, and garbage pickup service to city residents.To report a water or sewer problem call Moab City Public Works at 435-259-7485.
Moab POLICE Department
Dial 911 for emergencies. For other police business, call 435-259-8938.
City PLANNING & ZONING
The Moab Planning Department handles building permit requests, zoning issues, and code compliance. For more information, call 435-259-5129.
The Moab Arts and Recreation Center provide a central downtown location for classes, performances, community meetings, and social events. Contact them at 435-259-6272.
MOAB RECREATION AND AQUATIC CENTER
The Moab Recreation and Aquatic Center offers lap swimming, open swim hours, swimming lessons, water aerobics, a full fitness room and an array of fitness programs.Contact the Recreation and Aquatic Center at 435-259-8226.
- Moab City Recreation offers year-round sports and recreation opportunities for children and adults. Call 435-259-2255 for more information.
Moab has an array of public parks offering recreation opportunities, social gathering areas, and opportunities for solitude among the greenery.
- Swanny City Park, located at 400 North and 100 West, has a playground, barbecue facilities, shade trees, municipal swimming pool, and a skate park.
- Old City Park, four miles south of the city limits in Spanish Valley, has a covered stage / gazebo, picnic tables, and barbecue grills. Old City Park is popular as a location for weddings, family reunions, and other social events.
- Rotary Park, at 680 Millcreek Drive, has shade trees, barbecue grills, picnic tables, and a covered patio.
- The Mill Creek Parkway is a pedestrian and bicycle path that follows Mill Creek.
The Moab Golf Course includes an 18-hole, par 72 course, club and cart rentals, a pro shop, and a snack bar. Contact them at 435-259-6488.
The Grand County website includes information about countywide property taxes, special service districts, and other county entities.
Grand County’s Old Spanish Trail Arena hosts rodeo, horse shows, and a myriad of other events throughout the year, including open hours for horseback riding. Call 435-259-6226 for more information.
Moab Valley Fire Department
The Moab Valley Fire Protection District website has information about emergency and wildfire preparedness, how to obtain a burn permit, and other details and updates. For fire emergencies call 435-259-5557.
The Grand County Library is open six days a week. Along with books, periodicals, CDs, video tapes, and DVDs to loan; the library has expanded internet access. Call for hours at 435-259-5421. The library is located at 257 East Center Street
Local UTILITY COMPANIES
- Standard telephone service is provided by Frontier Communications at 866-716-1619 and Emery Telcom at 435-259-8521.
- Numerous companies offer cell phone plans.
INTERNET & TV
- Broadband internet service is provided by Frontier Communications (866-716-1619), River Canyon Wireless (435-259-8319), and Emery Telcom
- Cable television is provided by Emery Telcom. You may contact them at (435-259-8521).
- Satellite TV is also available from various providers.
GAS & ELECTRIC
- Rocky Mountain Power supplies electricity, contact them at 888-221-7070.
- Dominion Energy, 435-259-7137, supplies Moab homes with natural gas service.
- The Times Independent prints weekly and covers local news and events. Call them for more information at 435-259-2575.
- The Moab Sun News is another local weekly paper. 435-259-6261.
- Moab is served by two radio stations, KCYN (97.1 FM, country music format, high school sports) and KZMU (90.1 FM, community radio).
This link is being provided as a possible resource for our local military families.