Whether your objective is a good workout in the lap lanes or water aerobics classes, improving your swim skills and technique, participating in therapeutic exercise or just plain having fun in the leisure pool and on our play structures, Moab Recreation and Aquatic Center will accommodate your entire family.
OUTDOOR POOLS CLOSE SEPTEMBER 30
POOL HOURS EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 30 (INDOOR POOL ONLY):
5:30 to 7:30 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
11:15 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. Monday through Friday
11:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
5:30 to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
2:30 to 5:15 p.m. Monday & Wednesday
2:30 to 6:00 p.m. Friday
1:00 to 6:00 p.m Saturday
1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Sunday
Water aerobics: tone, stretch and rejuvenate! Our water aerobics classes are designed to accommodate students of all ages and ability levels. From the laid-back fun of splashing and stretching to the heart-pumping cardio water workout that burns calories, builds strength, increases joint mobility and conditions the core.
Water aerobics are ideal for not only healthy individuals but also those suffering arthritis, fibromyalgia and other debilitating or degenerative medical conditions. Because 90% of the body's weight is supported in water, much less strain is placed on the joints and spine, allowing improvement in flexibility without pain and injury Muscle tone is dramatically improved because water provides noticeably more resistance than air.
Water aerobics classes are offered Monday through Thursday and Saturday from 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. and 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Stop by the center to get a current schedule!
The cost for classes is $2.00 per class for season and annual passholders, $4.00 for nonmembers. 20-punch passes are available for $35.00 for passholders and $65.00 for nonmembers. Punch passes may be used for both aquatic and fitness classes.
COME JOIN US FOR WATER AEROBICS WITH CATHY EVERY SATURDAY MORNING AT 10:00!!
- Parent/tot aquatics is designed to provide a foundation for basic swimming skills incorporating the comforting and encouraging participation of a parent or trusted caregiver. We will be scheduling parent/tot classes soon. Keep an eye on the website for our announcement!
- Preschool aquatics classes promote the development of fundamental swimming skills, confidence and social interaction in a safe, fun environment.
- Swim lessons will be provided in a logical progression of ability levels and are designed to develop and increase skill, safety awareness, coordination, confidence and fitness in participants. Techniques are refined and skills are assessed at each level.
- Private swim lessons are also available for swimmers of all ages who feel they would benefit from more personalized attention.
- Senior water aerobics provide a low-intensity, relaxing workout with stretching and manageable resistance for older folks or those with joint pain, neuralgia or other health issues that may prevent them from participating in traditional classes.
WE ARE NOW REGISTERING FOR SESSION 3 OF SUMMER SWIM LESSONS!!
Session 3 will begin July 22 and will run Monday thru Thursday to August 1. Registration fee is $30/child.
Levels 1-6: 9:50 - 10:35 a.m.
Preschool: 10:40 - 11:05 a.m.
For more info, call 435-259-8226. Registration will take place at the MRAC front desk. Please, no last-minute registrations on the first day of class - it inconveniences everyone and causes delays. Thanks and we hope to see you on the 10th!
CURRENT AND UPCOMING NEWSWORTHY EVENTS
Congrats to the Moab Sea Devils competition swim team who traveled to Price on November 23!! Only 6 athletes were able to attend the meet (Price had 36) but all 6 made us here at the MRAC really proud!! London Niesen won every race in which she competed, as did Indiana Richards! Geneva Richards and Nick and Rhiannon Hren took first in a relay and Tava Walling and Nick and Rhiannon Hren placed in all their races. Many competitors make personal-best times. Events included 25-yard freestyle, breast, back and butterfly as well as 50 freestyle and 100 individual medley. Our next home meet is scheduled for January 18 and we encourage the community to come out and support our athletes!
THE MOAB SEA DEVILS COMPETITION SWIM TEAM IS NOW REGISTERING FOR THE WINTER SEASON!!! Fee is $60 for MRAC members, $75 for non-members. Fee includes team T-shirt. Reduced registration fee is available for applicants who are eligible for the school lunch program - reduced fee is $30. Prospective team members must pass a swim test before joining. For practice times and swim test, please call Coach Penny Richards at (435) 260-9686. Registration packets are available at the MRAC front desk. Registration may also be accomplished at www.activityreg.com but registration packet must still be completed and turned in to the MRAC front desk or to Coach Richards. We'd love to add some new talent to our already very talented team and we're always happy to have parents on board for support and transportation! Call us at (435) 259-8226 or drop by the MRAC for more info! GO SEA DEVILS!!!